Are you keen to give your outdoor space a makeover? If so, you may have to consider whether you want to add natural stones or concrete for your landscaping needs. This decision is harder than it seems because once installed, you cannot change it easily just because you no longer like it. To make a choice between natural stones or concrete, you must take into account which materials will be best for your landscape, which will suit your budget, vision, and which will look aesthetically pleasing. You need to ensure that your choice is one that has timeless elegance, is easy to maintain, and ages beautifully.
Top 7 Benefits of Natural Stones Over Concrete:
You can get the perfect combination of opulent and earthy looks in natural stones. Since they come in wide range of sizes, textures, and shapes, you can add an interesting dimension to your patio or backyard. Such creativity cannot be experimented when you choose to go with concrete. Concrete pavers are also found in a variety of shapes and sizes, ranging from the brick shape to elongated pavers, but they may not have that natural look.
- When you choose natural stones, you can opt for different types, like dark ebony granite to make your patio look striking and regal and beige sandstone for a more tropical look. Every piece will have a distinct color and texture depending on where it had been quarried. So, natural pavers give you the freedom to customize your outdoor landscape.
- Stone pavers will not easily get cracks, and even when they do, you can get these repaired easily. Moreover, they have small joints that will not be troubled by frequent seed germinations. So, natural stones are far easier to clean and offer low-maintenance.
- Natural stones are readily available and if you decide to use these, you will be spoilt for choice. There are hundreds of options, whether you want to use slate, limestone, travertine, or flagstone. You will find them with even or uneven surfaces and in different shapes, triangular, diamond-shaped or rectangular-shaped.
- There is no denying the fact that natural stones continue to look as good as ever because they age gracefully. They have a really long lifespan and their colors are not artificially pigmented. They have not been built using mixes of composite aggregates unlike concrete stones; this is why they can hold onto their elegance even if they age.
- Natural stones are a better choice for home landscaping because these are easy to install compared to concrete pavers. You do not need to have specialized skills for installing these unlike concrete pavers which demand grading, backfilling, and labor. Besides, you may have to incur damages when stones are being shifted as they can break. So, you have to hire professionals for the job. Once installed, you must maintain these regularly and that is not only time-consuming but also costly.
- When you opt for natural stones, it can up your real estate value making it a wiser investment option. Natural stones are believed to be of superior quality and highly durable; when landscaping is done using these, it will turn out to be well-built, genuine-looking, unique, and exceptional, thereby increasing the property’s salability.
- Finally, natural stones are sustainable and environment-friendly. They are recyclable because they are obtained from nature. You can always use these for reclaimed paving purposes.